名词美洲; 美国; [电影]亚美利加
America
1. 美洲;美国:地 点:美洲 > 美国(America) > 佛罗里达州(Florida)照片名称:约翰屈伏塔(John Travolta)私人喷射机别墅报导 (美国佛罗里达州)
2. 美利坚:西蒙和加芬克(Simon & Garfunkel)组合于60年代后期横扫英美乐坛,其代表作品既有<<寂静之声>>(The Sound of Silence)、<<我是岩石>>(I Am a Rock)、<<美利坚>>(America)等向美国五六十年代的价值观提出尖锐质疑的歌曲,也有如<<艾米莉,
Football-(美式橄榄球)
B:Wow, American football is more exciting than I thought.
哇,美式足球可比我想象的刺激多了。
A:You’re in America now, my British friend. We just call it football.
我的英国朋友,你现在可是在美国,我们叫它橄榄球。
B:Oh, right. So, I can’t quite follow what’s going on…who’s winning?
哦,对了。哦,我不知道情况怎么样了,谁赢了?
A:The Giants are up by three points because of the field goal they kicked, but the Redskins have the ball and there pretty close to the end zone.
因为射门得分,巨人队领先3分。但现在是红人队控球,而且很接近底线区了。
B:Wow! What a hit!
哇,瞧这球!
A:Yeah, he tackled him so hard his helmet came off.
是呀,他拼命抢球头盔都掉了。
B:Is he ok?
他没事吧?
A:It looks like it, he’s getting up.
好像是,他站起来了。
B:I guess he hit him too hard; the referee just called a penalty on the home team.
我猜他强得太凶,裁判判罚主队。
A:The Giants?
你是说巨人队?
B:Yeah.
是呀。
A:Well, here we go again.
哦,又继续打了。
B:What happened? Why did everyone get so quiet?
怎么回事?大家都不说话了。
A:The Redskin’s quarterback just threw a touchdown pass for seven points. We’re losing again.
红人队的四分卫触地板回了7分,我们又输了。