形容词显而易见的;明显的;显著的;有标记成份的(如正式或非正式用语)动词“mark”的过去分词和过去式网络有记号的;有标记的;标注状态
形容词
1. He showed a marked lack of interest.
他表现出明显的兴趣不足。
2. She is a woman of marked intelligence.
她是一个很聪明的女人。
3. This writer's plays are marked by a gentle humor.
这位作家写的戏剧有谐而不谑的幽默感。
1. 标志的:叙述者的性别可以是有标志的(marked)也可以是无标志的. 倘要是有标志的,就可以标志为男性或是女性,或在两者之间犹豫......虽然在异故事叙述[即第三人称叙述]的文本中,叙述者的性别通常没有标志,
1. (改变或区别)显著的,显而易见的
A marked change or difference is very obvious and easily noticed.
e.g. There has been a marked increase in crimes against property...
侵财案件明显增加了。
e.g. He was a man of austere habits, in marked contrast to his more flamboyant wife...
他处事严谨,与他爱张扬的妻子形成了鲜明的对比。
1. (改变或区别)显著的,显而易见的
A marked change or difference is very obvious and easily noticed.
e.g. There has been a marked increase in crimes against property...
侵财案件明显增加了。
e.g. He was a man of austere habits, in marked contrast to his more flamboyant wife...
他处事严谨,与他爱张扬的妻子形成了鲜明的对比。
在邮局
A:Next, please! Hello, may I help you, sir?
下一位,您好!先生,能为您做什么吗?
B:Yes, I want to send a registered airmail letter to France.
是的,我想往法国寄一封航空挂号信。
A:O.K. That comes to four dollars twenty cents.
好的,总共要4 美元20 分。
B:Here is five dollars.
给您5 美元。
A:Here is your change. Please wait for your receipt of the registered mail.
这是您的零钱,请等一下您的挂号收据。
B:I also want to pick up my package. This is the notice.
我还想取包裹,这是通知单。
A:Let me see…Hmm…Just a minute. Here it is. We need your signature on this note.
让我看一看……嗯……等一会儿,给您,我们需要您在这张票据上签名。
B:Oh, one more thing. Where can I mail this letter?
哦,还有一件事,我在哪儿投这封信?
A:Drop it in the mail box marked “Out of town” at that corner.
把它扔进那个角落里标有“外埠”的邮箱。
B:Thank you very much.
非常感谢。
A:You’re welcome.
很愿意为您服务。